Strategic Marketing or the right combination of actions to reach a target? (Study Case)
The strategy is the key to good Marketing. We don’t need to be gurus to understand that. But it’s not that obvious when it comes to drawing a positioning in the map and differentiating your brand from your competitors. Most often I help myself with the benchmarking technique, unless the business already has a clear understanding of its market, what problems they are facing, and the kind of target they want to reach. What is that 0.02% of the DNA in your business?
We have started the Facebook group for Social Impact Marketing in which we shared this story! Join us in the case you prefer watching, listening and engaging with us!
This study case is not a social enterprise because most of my professional experience I have been working for corporates across a range of industries, so there are different marketing stories that I think can still be relevant and can be implemented by any kind of business. So let’s start!
Andorra Park Hotel is one of the greatest hotels in the country – and by the way, highly recommendable to go if you plan holidays in Europe. It has incredible installations in the middle of the town, surrounded by mountains and nature. Plenty of space to organise any event: from weddings to business meetings or birthday parties. It also has a five stars gastronomic restaurant, and other services such as a gym, swimming pools, luxurious spa, and wellness treatments. Best thing? All the services were also available for the citizens in the country.
But for them, the Brand meant luxury. So, how can we make people have this place in mind for their everyday lives?
The strategy was positioning the Brand as “affordable luxury”. For that, we had to include in their Marketing plan several actions that made those people just come to the place and realise that it wasn’t that expensive after all. The idea was to organise events with the gastronomic element, so we also could promote the 5 stars restaurant: És.
Here some of the events we organised for the people in the country:
Jardins del Park
A three months afternoon gathering held during the summer season (a total of three editions were held)
The first wedding fair held in the country. We commercialised the exhibition area, branded and organised the event, as well as implemented a communication plan. More than 15 specialised companies got involved and the day closed with 300 visitors to the Andorra Park Hotel.
Art & Wine
Dinners with a guest chef from different cities of Spain. The wine was matching to the selected with the region, and the menu was a fusion with authentic Andorran recipes.
A sponsored magazine with a corporate and gastronomic content of general interest. A quarterly edition with interviews to the most renamed chefs of Spain, featuring events, recipes and cellars.
(Designer Daina Prat; coordinator & content director Maxime Ducker)
This aimed to promote the facilities as a choice for weddings, gastronomy, hotel, spa, and wellness. This promotional piece has been used during fairs, digital platforms and advertised in the cinemas of the country.
Other of the projects we developed for Andorra Park Hotel:
– Digital Marketing and content creation: blogging, social media, corporate and event news (learn more about Digital Marketing here).
– PR and Media: planning press release, press conferences, and advertising. Presence TV, radio, press (digital and paper), sponsored magazine and cinemas (learn more about PR Marketing).
– Partnership agreements managed by the hotel director: between the client and suppliers or local businesses (read about synergy Marketing here). In events like “Noces Concept”, “Art&Vi” or “Jardins del Park” were organised including local business (such as wine producers, suppliers, complementary services, artists).
– One of the most famous TV channels in Spain, Telecinco, came to Andorra for producing a snow car race episode of the well know TV show Más que coches GT (aka “More than cars GT”). And between 50 hotels available, they choose Andorra Park Hotel; so we had to coordinate the audio-visual production with the team coming from Madrid (Watch here the full episode).
– Chef TV show was the following project that has never been released due to budget issues, however the prior production, calendar, and most of the agreements were set in place.
Join us at our Facebook group for Social Impact Marketing and learn all you need to know to improve your marketing skills for your social impact business!
Happy life and slay like… pineapples!